Thursday 31 July 2014

Relief

The rain is pouring and the sky is grey.

 I love this weather.

It's such a relief after the last few weeks of boiling temperatures to see the sky give way. I honestly don't like to wish time away but I really can't wait for Autumn.
Do you know what I love about Autumn? The weather, the leaves, the smells, the colours, the fruits and harvest, the colourful skys, the shortening days and lengthening nights, the promise of cosy nights in, scalves, hats & gloves, Holloween (Samhain) and Bonfire night....
It's an endless list because it is the time of year that sings to me!

I think we all have a season that resonates within us, makes us feel empowered and full of wonder. For some people it is the freezing depths of winter, glistening snow and the soft twinkle of Christmas/Yule lights that brings them to life. For others it is the gentle spring, the first wild flowers, the world awakening and the days beginning to lengthen that carries promise, and then there are those reveling in the current climate of summer, the intense heat, the promise of sun and almost endless days of light that energises their spirit.

I'm definately an Autumn person.

I spent all night packing things up in my flat. I'd rather just get on with it and feel like I'm moving forward, the waiting around bothers me. I have a promising flat share to see on Friday, and I'm hoping it works out. To pass the time, I'd like to invite anyone and everyone to my flat to have a root through the books I have that I want to shift and some pretty ornaments and trinkets, too. I will even make you a cup of tea (Or coffee. Pick your poison, I have loads of both).

So I suppose that right now I feel quite alive and positive. It's nice to have some of the bounce back in my step. It's a relief the clouds have lifted from my mind and it's a relief the sky has caved outside. Just the way it ought to be!

Enjoy the rain x

No comments:

Post a Comment