Friday 25 July 2014

Sometimes I Have Strength and Sometimes I Borrow It



Sometimes things feel out of my control, out of my depth to deal with.
During these times I have a tendency to bury my head in the sand and wait things out, hoping they’ll just get better on their own accord.  

Problems don’t really work like that.

When I have my own children, I will make sure they know that. I will let them know that you have to face your problems, but you don’t have to do it alone. There is plenty of help out there, whether it’s friends and family, your employer, your doctor or a barrage of other professionals and agencies. The world is actually quite a kind place with kind people in it, and many people will help you selflessly and gently on your way through life.
To receive this selfless and gentle help only has one price – and that is to give selfless and gentle help when the time comes to help someone else.
Sometimes selfless help is in the form of a comforting word to a crying stranger, giving someone the benefit of one of your talents and skills or simply giving someone the time of day. It’s about reaching out, person to person, to lend your strength to others to help them find their own.
It’s not about being weak or soft.
We were all babies once, dependant and helpless. We sometimes return to that fragile state during times of trouble and pain, to ease the inner burden. Isn’t it wonderful to know that there will always be someone there to help hold your head above the water?
You won’t drown. Not if you ask for help in the right places, and not if you also help yourself. Give yourself the time of day, give yourself the benefit of your talents and give yourself a comforting word. 
Selfless self-love.
Beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment